1. The best news magazine on television always has been, and always will be, 60 Minutes. The show, and its hosts, define how news should be presented.
2. Best political journalists ever, and the man I miss most: Tim Russert during his days on Meet The Press. He was the best. Period.
3. If I couldn’t be as good as Tim Russert, I’d choose to emulate Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes. He’s the best journalist on TV today.
4. Peter Jennings, Walter Cronkite, David Brinkley, and Russert: I sure miss you guys.
5. Nancy Grace, Bill O’Reilly, Al Sharpton and Geraldo Rivera: Go back in the hole you came from.
6. PS: Nancy Grace: You define everything that’s wrong with television journalism today.
7. Best morning show: No competition. Morning Joe. They are objective, human, thoughtful and cool, all at the same time.
8. Everybody: Please ignore Donald Trump. But to his credit, he’s the greatest media manipulator I’ve ever seen.
9. Kathy Lee Gifford: Did you REALLY ask Martin short how his deceased wife was doing? Did you really do that on live television?
10. One word: Objectivity.
(Check out my secondary blog at http://wp.me/2tJ80)